wolf and an intelligent lamb story


Once there was a shepherd living in a village. The village was nearby a big forest. The Shepherd was taking all his sheep’s to that forest for grazing. He had a very cute white lamb.
Like all days the Shepherd had taken all his sheep and lambs to the forest for grazing. All the sheep and lambs were grazing happily. 

The cute white lamb also grazing with the herd. He was so thirsty. The cute thirsty lamb went to drink water from the stream. So going away a bit far from the herd he started drinking that tasty water from the stream. At that moment the sun downed. The little lamb got separated from the herd. The Shepherd with all his sheep and lambs minus the cute little lamb went back to the village.

On the upper stream, there stood a wolf. He saw a plump cute lamb. His mouth watered. So he wanted to make some excuse so that he could kill the lamb easily.

The wolf shouted at the lamb, "Hey, why do you make the water dirty. How can I drink dirty water?"The lamb humbly replied, "Sir, I've not made the water dirty. I'm standing at a lower level.

The water cannot flow upwards from me. It always flows downwards."The wolf said, "If it is not you, then it must be your father who has made the water dirty." The lamb said, "Sir, my father died long ago. How can he do it now?"

The wolf was getting impatient to kill the lamb. He angrily said, "Then it must be your grandfather who made my drinking water dirty!" So saying, the wolf jumped on the poor lamb and caught him.

But the little lamb was very intelligent. The little lamb said the wolf, “O’ mighty wolf you are a carnivorous animal and you eat meat only. I have eaten lot many grasses and that are yet to digest. So if you will eat me right now you will eat all those grasses. That’s against your character. How can you do that?” The wolf listened lamb’s word and said, “I have to eat you in any case”. The little lamb said, “Then you have to wait for me to digest”. 

The wolf replied, “I don’t have time to wait long”. The lamb replied once again. “Then I have to run and drink some more water to digest all the grass immediately. If you will allow me to drink more water you can eat me very soon. The wolf said, “Granted, start drinking water quickly”.

The little lamb started dancing. The bell around the lamb’s neck started ringing. The Shepherd and his hunting dog listened the sound of the bell. They rushed to the point where the sound was coming. They reached the spot in the right moment. By seeing Shepherd and the dog, the wolf fled away from that place to save his life.

1 comment: