Lion and the rabbit short story

Once upon a time there lived a furious lion in a dense forest. It was a greedy lion and started killing animals in the forest. Seeing this, the animals gathered and decided to approach the lion with the offer of one animal of each day to reach to the lion. He only can eaten by the lion everyday.

So every day it was the turn of one of the animals and in the middle of a day came the rabbits’ turn. The rabbit was wise and old. It took its own time to reach the Lion. The Lion was getting angry on not seeing any animal. He decided that tomorrow I will kill all of them. 

Then at the evening the rabbit came to the lion. The Lion was angry at him and said you came very late and you are very small to be my food. I will kill you now. The rabbit told I am sorry my majesty! While I am coming on the way one more lion said to me I am king of this Jungle. I will kill you. Then I said that I am going to my King. He wants to meet you now.
The Lion was naturally very angry and asked to be taken to the place now.

The wise rabbit agreed and led the Lion towards a deep well filled with water. Then he showed the Lion his reflection in the water of the well. The Lion was furious and started growling and its image in the water, the other Lion, was also equally angry.

Then he roared to him and jumped into the water to kill him. At last he lost its life in the well. Thus the wise rabbit saved the forest and its friends from the Lion.

0 comments: